OBODO PRIVACY STATEMENT
Table of Contents
- Acceptable Use
- Types of Data We Collect from You
- How We Use Your Data
- Data Retention and Protection
- Data Processing
- User Data Privacy Rights and Choices
- Sensitive Data
- Disclosure of Data
- Data Security
- Mobile Application Notifications
- Service Providers
- Terms and Conditions
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY
Welcome to Obodo FZ – LLC, a company incorporated and registered under the laws of Dubai Development Authority, bearing registration number 98296 and having its registered address at HD 55B, Floor 01, Building In5 Tech, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, UAE. (“Obodo/ Company”). Obodo respects the privacy of every individual who access (“User/ You”) digital platform through its mobile application (“Obodo Application”) and complies with all applicable laws for the protection of User’s privacy, including, without limitation, all United Arab Emirates laws, and the Federal Law No.3 of 1987 on the Issuance of the Penal Code (Penal Code) creates numerous offences including defamation, privacy, and data protection, Personal Data Protection Law, Federal Decree Law No. 45 of 2021 regarding the Protection of Personal Data, Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority’s (TDRA) Internet Access Management (IAM) policy.
1.1. This Privacy Notice is written in compliance with the UAE Federal Law 13/2021 on the Issuance of the Penal Code (Penal Code) creates numerous offences including defamation, privacy, and data protection. This Privacy Notice applies to personal data Obodo process relating to Users who:
- Download and Install the application.
- Create an account on the Obodo Application
- Subscribe for Obodo marketing emails.
- Contact Obodo for inquiries and support.
1.2. The Privacy Notice also describes the rights User have regarding their information, and how User can provide and withdraw the consent. Obodo owns and operates this Application and services provided through this Application (“Obodo Services”)
2. Acceptable Use
2.1. Obodo uses your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the Application and services that we offer. Obodo work to protect the security of yourpersonal data during transmission by using encryption protocols and technology. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account, password and to your computers, and devices. Be sure to sign off properly when finished using a shared computer or device.
2.2. If you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement. You should immediately discontinue your access to the Application.
3. Types of Data We Collect from You
3.1. For the provision of our services, we may collect and process the following personal data about you, but only with your consent.
- Personal Profile Information: When a User register an account to access the Application, the User will be required to provide their full name, email address, phone number and a chosen password.
- Product or service Information: When a User make a deal through the Application, the User may be asked to provide information about the deal, including name of product, description of item or services, and other relevant details for listing of such product.
- Technical information: Obodo automatically collects specific technical information and stores it in log files; The said collected information includes Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect the User’s device to the Internet, internet service provider, referral / exit pages, device ID, and operating system, Types of add-ons, date and time, number of clicks, information about your use of our services, and data related to networked devices.
- Location Base information: Obodo provides a location base service through the use of GPS location to track Users and service delivery agents’ locations. Obodo use the GPS Location data to provide Obodo Services to Users. Users may turn off location services for these services and no data will be collected afterwards.
- Other data provided by you voluntarily: User may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, User is solely responsible for such information.
3.2. By submitting information to Obodo Application or through any other means, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy Notice, understand it, agree to the terms and conditions mentioned herein, and authorize Obodo to collect, use and disclose information as per the terms of this Policy Notice.
4. How We Use Your Data
Obodo will only use your data in the manner the law allows us to. Most importantly, Obodo will use your data in the following circumstances.
4.1. To Identify you: Personal identification information is collected and processed for the purposes of User identification as well use of Obodo Services and Application. Additionally, this information may be used to provide User with support and informing Users about upcoming updates or improvements, providing information regarding changes of any Terms of service (including changes to this Policy Notice) as well as other important information.
4.2. To create and maintain trusted environment: Obodo verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by User (such as email or item or service details). Obodo also use collected information to detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other illegal and harmful activities.
4.3. Create Aggregated Statistical Data, to carry out market research and analysis necessary for running out our business, to improve Obodo Services used to aggregated and/or inferred non-personal information enabling Obodo to evaluate User needs, sales and other trends of our activities.
4.4. Defend ourselves in litigation and investigations and prosecute litigations.
4.5. To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
4.6. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Obodo do not allow any third-party service providers to use User’s personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process User’s personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with instructions provided by Obodo.
4.7. We may use or share the information you provide to us if Obodo hereby acknowledges that Obodo is under a duty to disclose or share Users information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or in order to enforce any obligation against you or to protect the rights of us and our affiliates. This may include the exchange of information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
4.8. We may also need to share some personal information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and third parties (such as real estate agents that use the Application) or during a re-structuring of our business. Usually, personal information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible.
Personal Data (Or Data) Under Cookies Statement
5.2. Any data that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information; including, full name, email address, a phone number etc. allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Usage Data Cookies
5.3. Information collected automatically through Obodo Application, which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the device utilized by the user who use this Obodo service, the URI addresses (uniform resource identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the state, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the user, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Obodo app) and the details about the path followed within the Obodo app with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the user’s it environment.
5.4. The cookies that we use fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Obodo application. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Obodo application.
- Analytical/performance cookies. We use these cookies to help us recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Obodo Application when using it. This helps us to improve the way our Obodo Application works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize User when a User return to the Obodo Application. These enable us to personalize our content for User, greet User by name and remember User’s preferences.
- Targeting These cookies record User’s visit to the Obodo Application, the pages User have visited, and the following links. We will use this information to make the Obodo Application and the advertising more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5.6. Your Choices Regarding Disabling or Blocking Cookies?
6. Data Retention and Protection
6.1. Users’ personal data is generally stored until we receive a request to remove it or as otherwise required by internal policies and procedures, applicable law and / or contractual terms. The data we collect is stored in the UAE and is subject to our Policy Notice. Obodo uses reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access or loss, and / or unlawful processing. usage of data collected by us/ Usage of the Application is not permitted outside of UAE.
6.2. Obodo do not use your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling, which have a legal or similarly significant effect on Users.
7. Data Processing
Obodo use only verified data processors that provide adequate security technology to implement appropriate technical and regulatory measures in protecting and processing User data.
8. User Data Privacy Rights and Choices
Listed below are the following data protection rights Users have when using Application. User may choose to use this privacy right and choices below for the protection of their data.
8.2. Right to Delete your Data: If any User requests deletion of their personal information, Obodo will erase it. Please note that we will need to retain any information required to fulfil our legal obligations or establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
8.3. Right to Restrict the processing of your data: User can request us to restrict their personal information or request the portability of their personal information. Thius right can be exercise by any User by contacting us through the user services portal or at the information provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
8.4. Right to opt-out from receiving marketing emails: The Users have the right to opt-out of the email marketing communications Obodo send at any time. A User can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails Obodo send. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
8.5. Withdraw Your Consent: Similarly, if Obodo have collected and processed a User’s personal information with their consent, then they can withdraw the said consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted before your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
8.6. The easiest way to submit your request to us is through our User support email found at the bottom of thisPrivacy Notice. We respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights under applicable data protection laws.
9. Sensitive Data
Obodo does not collect Sensitive Data from its Users. If you are a user and you submit any form of Sensitive Data via the Application, you agreeing to do so at your own risk.
10. Disclosure of Data
Obodo may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- process user orders;
- provide delivery services offered by Application;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Obodo;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- ensure compliance and governance with appropriate governing body;
- protect the personal safety of user of the Service or the public; protect against legal liability
10.1. Comply with a legal obligation;
10.2. Process user orders;
10.3. Provide delivery services offered by Application;
10.4. Protect and defend the rights or property of Obodo;
10.5. Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
10.6. Ensure compliance and governance with appropriate governing body;
10.7. Protect the personal safety of user of the Service or the public;
10.8. Protect against legal liability.
11. Data Security
11.1. All personal data are encrypted and stored in secure servers. We employ modern and secure techniques to protect our systems from intrusion by unauthorized individuals, and we regularly upgrade our security as better methods become available.
11.2. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator or authority of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
11.3. You are solely responsible for keeping your password and other account details confidential. If you have concerns about your password, account details, or are suspicious about any unauthorised use of your account, you should contact us immediately. We can deactivate or suspend your account at any time.
11.4. Please be aware that no security measures online are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, although we use industry-standard practices to protect your privacy, we cannot (and do not) guarantee the absolute security of personal data.
12. Mobile Application Notifications
Sometimes we may send you push notifications through the Obodo Applictaion installed on your device. You may, at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
13. Service Providers
We may use third-party analytics Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
14.2. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports application Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
15. Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms of Service page to learn more about our terms and conditions, which establishesthe use and disclaimer governing our application’s usage.
17. Children's Privacy
17.1. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
17.2. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
This terms and the relationship between you and Obodo are governed by the United Arab Emirates Federal Supreme Council laws, and the local laws of where you reside, without regard to Its conflict of law provisions.
19. Contact Us
To send us your questions, comments, or complaints or receiving communications from us kindly email us using firstname.lastname@example.org.